This muffin receipt is by far one of the best I have made to date so I’m sharing it for all you beautiful souls out there! Enjoy, I’m looking forward to hearing feedback on what you think about them!
– 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
– 1 1/4 tsp of lemon zest
– Juice of two lemons
– 2-3 tbsp of chia seeds
– 1/2 cup of raw coconut sugar
– 1/4 tsp of turmeric
– 1/2 tsp of vanilla
– 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flower
– 2-3 tbsp of dried coconut flakes
– 1/2 tsp of baking Soda
– 3/4 tsp of baking powder
– 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1. Mix all the wet ingredients until sugar is well combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour to hydrate the chia seeds. I usually keep it overnight.
2. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients. Add to the wet and mix to combine (If the wet mixture was refrigerated overnight, the batter will be thick and muffin like and not flowy)
4. Drop the batter into lined muffin pan. Sprinkle coconut and chia seeds on top. Bake at 350 degrees F / 170ºc for 26 to 28 minutes.
5. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then a few minutes on the counter before serving. The muffins can be kept on the counter (covered) for up to 2 days, or refrigerated up to 5
Looking for another tasty treat that you can take with you on the go? Click here for a delicious smoothie that is sure to start your day off right with my Breakfast On The Go – Mixed Berry Smoothie. Also I love hearing feedback, so if you have tried the recipe(s) or want to see something healthy with a specific ingredient let me know!