The 3 important keys to healthy eating are: Variety, Balance and Moderation! Eat a variety of foods from each food groups to obtain all the nutrients required for the body. Your daily food selection should comprise of carbohydrate, vegetables, fruits, protein and healthy fats. These vegan protein bars are a great way to keep your health on track and your tummy happy!
-Vegan protein powder. I used @sproutliving
1. The best part about this recipe is that you can use as much ingredients as you like based on how much you want to make.
2. Chop up all ingredients to make them into smaller pieces. I chopped them with a knife (you can also do a light blend).
3. Mix all ingredients into a bowl. Use the almond butter, cashew butter, and honey to keep the consistency of the protein bars and keep them sticking together.
4. Once everything is mixed into a bowl, lay the mixture into a flat bowl (like you would with a cake) and put it in the freezer for a minimum 1.5 hours. The longer it is in the freezer the more the bars stick together.
5. Once the mixture is fully frozen cut the bars into portioned squares and enjoy!