These cookies & cream bars are gluten free, dairy free, only contains natural sugars and is a healthier alternative to traditional desserts! I hope you guys enjoy this fun and tasty recipe, I’m looking forward to feedback! ✨
Cookies Bottom Layer:
-1 cup pecans
-1 cup almonds
-1/2 cup cacao powder
-1/2 cup sulphur free coconut flakes
-1/4 cup organic 100% maple syrup (optional: if you want for more sweetness, I didn’t use it for this recipe)
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-1/2 cup soaked raw soaked cashews
-1 cup coconut butter
-1/3 cup coconut milk
–Optional to add a date or 1/4 cup of 100% organic maple syrup depending on what you like. For my top layer I didn’t add anything
-1/2 bar of giddyyoyo dark chocolate
1. In a food processor or blender, process pecans and almonds until they are in fine little pieces. Mix together all other bottom layer ingredients until everything is mixed evenly.
2. Use a baking sheet to line a glass dish. Pat mixture in the dish and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. For the cream, process cashews, coconut butter, and coconut milk until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
4. Place cream on top of the base cookies layer and add your crushed chocolate.
5. Place back into the freezer and wait 1 hour until serving.
And then as always, ENJOY!! If you liked this recipe, click here for my Paleo Friendly Chocolate Coconut Bars.