These cookies & cream bars are gluten free, dairy free, only contains natural sugars and is a healthier alternative to traditional desserts! I hope you guys enjoy this fun and tasty recipe, I’m looking forward to feedback! ✨
Cookies Bottom Layer:
-1 cup pecans
-1 cup almonds
-1/2 cup cacao powder
-1/2 cup sulphur free coconut flakes
-1/4 cup organic 100% maple syrup (optional: if you want for more sweetness, I didn’t use it for this recipe)
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-1/2 cup soaked raw soaked cashews
-1 cup coconut butter
-1/3 cup coconut milk
–Optional to add a date or 1/4 cup of 100% organic maple syrup depending on what you like. For my top layer I didn’t add anything
-1/2 bar of giddyyoyo dark chocolate
1. In a food processor or blender, process pecans and almonds until they are in fine little pieces. Mix together all other bottom layer ingredients until everything is mixed evenly.
2. Use a baking sheet to line a glass dish. Pat mixture in the dish and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. For the cream, process cashews, coconut butter, and coconut milk until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
4. Place cream on top of the base cookies layer and add your crushed chocolate.
5. Place back into the freezer and wait 1 hour until serving.
And then as always, ENJOY!! If you liked this recipe, click here for my Paleo Friendly Chocolate Coconut Bars.
She is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist working out of Mississauga, Ontario. She graduated from York University with a degree in phycology, but her love and passion for living a healthy and balanced life made fitness and nutrition her true calling. She has always had a passion for the human body and how the food we eat can directly affect our overall health, mental state, and well being. Her focus on treating each individual with their biochemically unique differences. She practices treating the underlying root cause of imbalance and illness rather than just treating the symptoms people may experience. As a Holistic Nutritionist she takes into consideration the mind, body, and spirit as different elements that all need to be addressed to assist in overall well-being.
You can either find her reading the latest book about holistic nutrition and remedies, or in the gym getting a workout in. She loves to teach her clients and show them how to make the rights choices for a healthy life style and creating balance rather than just following the next fad diet. If we don’t focus on nourishing our bodies now we will spend a lifetime using our wealth to pay for our health. Focusing on nourishing our bodies from within will truly help flourish us externally!
-Nourish to flourish