Looking for a great healthy dessert recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt? Well look no further, we have you covered!! Check out Ayla Krasa’s (RHN,CPT) healthy and holistic dessert recipe, you won’t regret it. This treat is not only delicious but gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan AND paleo friendly. Seriously? What more can you ask for??
2 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds
2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (solid or melted)
1/4 cup & 2 tbsp of coconut cream
3 tbsp of 100% pure Canadian maple syrup
1/2 cup paleo-friendly, vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut cream
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax parchment paper
- Make the coconut bars.
- Add coconut flakes, coconut oil, coconut cream and maple syrup to a bender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky mixture.
- Pour coconut mixture into the pan and press down and smooth until you get a tightly packaged layer, set aside for later.
- Make the chocolate layer using a double boiler method. Add chocolate chips and coconut cream until fully melted. Pour melted chocolate over the coconut bars.
- Freeze for 40 – 70 minutes. The longer the bars chill, the cleaner and less crumbly the slices. ENJOY!!
Recipe courtesy of Ayla Krasa, RHN, CPT
She is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist working out of Mississauga, Ontario. She graduated from York University with a degree in phycology, but her love and passion for living a healthy and balanced life made fitness and nutrition her true calling. She has always had a passion for the human body and how the food we eat can directly affect our overall health, mental state, and well being. Her focus on treating each individual with their biochemically unique differences. She practices treating the underlying root cause of imbalance and illness rather than just treating the symptoms people may experience. As a Holistic Nutritionist she takes into consideration the mind, body, and spirit as different elements that all need to be addressed to assist in overall well-being.
You can either find her reading the latest book about holistic nutrition and remedies, or in the gym getting a workout in. She loves to teach her clients and show them how to make the rights choices for a healthy life style and creating balance rather than just following the next fad diet. If we don’t focus on nourishing our bodies now we will spend a lifetime using our wealth to pay for our health. Focusing on nourishing our bodies from within will truly help flourish us externally!
-Nourish to flourish