Looking for a great healthy dessert recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt? Well look no further, we have you covered!! Check out Ayla Krasa’s (RHN,CPT) healthy and holistic dessert recipe, you won’t regret it. This treat is not only delicious but gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan AND paleo friendly. Seriously? What more can you ask for??
2 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds
2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (solid or melted)
1/4 cup & 2 tbsp of coconut cream
3 tbsp of 100% pure Canadian maple syrup
1/2 cup paleo-friendly, vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut cream
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax parchment paper
- Make the coconut bars.
- Add coconut flakes, coconut oil, coconut cream and maple syrup to a bender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky mixture.
- Pour coconut mixture into the pan and press down and smooth until you get a tightly packaged layer, set aside for later.
- Make the chocolate layer using a double boiler method. Add chocolate chips and coconut cream until fully melted. Pour melted chocolate over the coconut bars.
- Freeze for 40 – 70 minutes. The longer the bars chill, the cleaner and less crumbly the slices. ENJOY!!
Recipe courtesy of Ayla Krasa, RHN, CPT