The 3 important keys to healthy eating are: Variety, Balance and Moderation! Eat a variety of foods from each food groups to obtain all the nutrients required for the body. Your daily food selection should comprise of carbohydrate, vegetables, fruits, protein and healthy fats. These vegan protein bars are a great way to keep your health on track and your tummy happy!
-Vegan protein powder. I used @sproutliving
1. The best part about this recipe is that you can use as much ingredients as you like based on how much you want to make.
2. Chop up all ingredients to make them into smaller pieces. I chopped them with a knife (you can also do a light blend).
3. Mix all ingredients into a bowl. Use the almond butter, cashew butter, and honey to keep the consistency of the protein bars and keep them sticking together.
4. Once everything is mixed into a bowl, lay the mixture into a flat bowl (like you would with a cake) and put it in the freezer for a minimum 1.5 hours. The longer it is in the freezer the more the bars stick together.
5. Once the mixture is fully frozen cut the bars into portioned squares and enjoy!
She is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist working out of Mississauga, Ontario. She graduated from York University with a degree in phycology, but her love and passion for living a healthy and balanced life made fitness and nutrition her true calling. She has always had a passion for the human body and how the food we eat can directly affect our overall health, mental state, and well being. Her focus on treating each individual with their biochemically unique differences. She practices treating the underlying root cause of imbalance and illness rather than just treating the symptoms people may experience. As a Holistic Nutritionist she takes into consideration the mind, body, and spirit as different elements that all need to be addressed to assist in overall well-being.
You can either find her reading the latest book about holistic nutrition and remedies, or in the gym getting a workout in. She loves to teach her clients and show them how to make the rights choices for a healthy life style and creating balance rather than just following the next fad diet. If we don’t focus on nourishing our bodies now we will spend a lifetime using our wealth to pay for our health. Focusing on nourishing our bodies from within will truly help flourish us externally!
-Nourish to flourish