Looking for the perfect on the go snack that can satisfy the whole family? This chocolate chip and banana muffin recipe certainly delivers! Put your own spin on this recipe by adding additional ingredients such as shredded coconut, walnuts, cinnamon or perhaps all three.
Ingredients For Chocolate Chip & Banana Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour OR rolled oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup organic real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar free chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip & Banana Muffin Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 325 and prep muffin pans
- In a medium bowl, sift together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set this bowl aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together your eggs and almond milk.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, cream together the bananas, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Mix in the egg alternative from the small bowl from the 4th step above.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture from the first bowl and the sugar free chocolate chips
- You can top your muffins with anything you like! I added Cinnamon, chocolate chips and coconut shreds to add some extra zing to my banana muffin recipe.
- Cook time: 12-15 minutes
If you enjoyed this recipe, click here to try my Dessert Recipe for Paleo Friendly Chocolate Coconut Bars. What is Paleo? Click here to read Paleo diet: What is it and why is it so popular?
She is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist working out of Mississauga, Ontario. She graduated from York University with a degree in phycology, but her love and passion for living a healthy and balanced life made fitness and nutrition her true calling. She has always had a passion for the human body and how the food we eat can directly affect our overall health, mental state, and well being. Her focus on treating each individual with their biochemically unique differences. She practices treating the underlying root cause of imbalance and illness rather than just treating the symptoms people may experience. As a Holistic Nutritionist she takes into consideration the mind, body, and spirit as different elements that all need to be addressed to assist in overall well-being.
You can either find her reading the latest book about holistic nutrition and remedies, or in the gym getting a workout in. She loves to teach her clients and show them how to make the rights choices for a healthy life style and creating balance rather than just following the next fad diet. If we don’t focus on nourishing our bodies now we will spend a lifetime using our wealth to pay for our health. Focusing on nourishing our bodies from within will truly help flourish us externally!
-Nourish to flourish