Looking for the perfect comfort food that is savory and a little sweet? Then these vegan cornbread muffins are the perfect fit for you! Try them straight out of the oven with some vegan butter for a little extra indulgence.
- 2 cups organic cornmeal
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cups organic non-dairy milk (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
Instructions For Vegan Cornbread Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the wet ingredients – Add the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar to a medium-sized bowland whisk together. Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup in and whisk again until the mixture is foamy and bubbly. Adjust the sweetener to your preference.
- Prepare the dry ingredients – Combine the dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and stir until well combined. Transfer the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into muffin cup and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Add blueberry jam as a tasty topping and enjoy!
Like what you see? Check out more of my healthy recipes by clicking here.
She is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist working out of Mississauga, Ontario. She graduated from York University with a degree in phycology, but her love and passion for living a healthy and balanced life made fitness and nutrition her true calling. She has always had a passion for the human body and how the food we eat can directly affect our overall health, mental state, and well being. Her focus on treating each individual with their biochemically unique differences. She practices treating the underlying root cause of imbalance and illness rather than just treating the symptoms people may experience. As a Holistic Nutritionist she takes into consideration the mind, body, and spirit as different elements that all need to be addressed to assist in overall well-being.
You can either find her reading the latest book about holistic nutrition and remedies, or in the gym getting a workout in. She loves to teach her clients and show them how to make the rights choices for a healthy life style and creating balance rather than just following the next fad diet. If we don’t focus on nourishing our bodies now we will spend a lifetime using our wealth to pay for our health. Focusing on nourishing our bodies from within will truly help flourish us externally!
-Nourish to flourish