Looking for the perfect comfort food that is savory and a little sweet? Then these vegan cornbread muffins are the perfect fit for you! Try them straight out of the oven with some vegan butter for a little extra indulgence.
- 2 cups organic cornmeal
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 cups organic non-dairy milk (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
Instructions For Vegan Cornbread Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the wet ingredients – Add the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar to a medium-sized bowland whisk together. Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup in and whisk again until the mixture is foamy and bubbly. Adjust the sweetener to your preference.
- Prepare the dry ingredients – Combine the dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and stir until well combined. Transfer the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into muffin cup and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Add blueberry jam as a tasty topping and enjoy!
Like what you see? Check out more of my healthy recipes by clicking here.