Looking for a dessert that is sure to please everyone including the health nut in the family?? Surprise your guests by making these healthy chocolate truffles using my secret ingredient, avocado! Your guests will never know that these are a healthy alternative to the traditional truffle, only that they taste great.
Makes 15 truffles
• 100g dark chocolate (I used 85% cocoa)
• 1 avocado (~100g)
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder (raw – unsweetened)
• 1 tbsp grated coconut
1. Place the avocado in a food processor and pulse a few times into a smooth puree.
2. Melt the chocolate and let it cool down 10-15 min.
3. Pour melted chocolate into food processor with the avocado and maple syrup and pulse until mixture is completely combined and avocado is no longer visible.
4. Pour the mixture in a bowl and cover it.
5. Refrigerate for 2h.
6. Fill a bowl with cocoa powder and another with grated coconut
7. Shape the truffles with your hands
8. Roll each truffles into the coating
9. Place it in a food container and store in the fridge for min 1h before eating.
Note: Store well in the fridge up to 4 days
Claudia Candeias is a certified Holistic Health Coach working with individuals online and in person as well. She practices a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that she looks at how all areas of your life are connected; from nutrition to physical activity, sleep, stress, and more. She supports and helps people reaching their goals to find Health, Happiness and Harmony in their life.