My vegan minestrone soup is the perfect comfort food. It works a great as a hearty lunch option or the perfect starter for any dinner you may be hosting.
Having troubles getting your kids to eat their veggies? Than you must try this recipe. See for yourself how “Serving large portions of vegetable soup at the start of a meal affected children’s energy and vegetable intake”.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-6 bowls of soup
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 500 mL veggie stalk
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Can of organic cherry tomatoes
- 500 mL of water
- 1 cup of sprouted chickpeas or beans
- 1 cup of chopped kale or spinach
- Olive oil/Avocado Oil
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder for seasoning
Optional: ¼ Cup of Parmesan cheese
- Finely chop the onions, carrots and celery and rinse the chickpeas in a colander.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil/avocado oil in a medium pot. Then add the onions and cook for about 1 minute.
- Next, add the carrots and celery. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and let cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the can of cherry tomatoes and using a wooden spoon, gently crush the tomatoes.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the veggie stalk once again seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- When the soup begins to boil, add the chickpeas, spinach/kale and the parmesan cheese.
- Let cook for another minute or two then season with more salt and pepper to taste.
He and his wife believe that working as a team to achieve optimal health is beneficial not only for their bodies, but for their relationship. They work with others to teach them that loving unconditionally does not mean being ok with watching your better half work themself sick, eat away their stress or lose their lust for life. Thriving together is all about loving each other enough to want the best for each other in health and life.