It’s been said that, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. Although this may no longer stand true depending on which experts you believe, one thing is for certain. The foods we eat, regardless of whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, have a direct impact on our health. Effecting us both mentally and physically. This is why I created this healthy vegan breakfast.
So, when it comes to breakfast stay clear of the highly processed, nutrient deficient food and refined carbohydrates. They will spike your blood sugar and insulin, setting you up for crash and cravings by 11 am!
Click here to read, “This One Thing Has Been Linked To Almost All Diseases”.
Instead, start you day (whenever your first meal happens to be) with my go-to, all-morning energy, healthy vegan breakfast.
- 2 Tbs almond butter (good fats & protein)
- 1 tsp fresh ground organic flax seed (good omegas & fiber)
- 1 Tbs chopped nuts – walnut, pecan (good proteins/fats/fiber)
- Dash organic cinnamon or pumpkin/apple pie spice (no sugar)
- Coconut milk to desired consistency (almond milk works too)
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Warm almond butter until it becomes a liquid.
- Combine all the ingredients together and stir well
It’s just that simple! As an added option, you can add 1 tsp raw organic honey or unsweetened applesauce and even topped with your favorite fruits.