There is something so addictive about this classic vegan tomato soup recipe. Who can deny being in love with a piping hot cup of tomato soup especially now that we are approaching autumn! Maybe it is because we all have some fond childhood memories associated with it: slowly sipping from mugs, cozy family meals, lots of heartwarming conversation, and unapologetic bonding with family members, all the while enjoying this hearty soup.
Now, that we are already through the first half of this really terrible year, how about using this quarantine to strengthen bonds with our family members in an old- fashioned way… over hot tomato soup!
Here is a very easy and quick tomato soup recipe that you will definitely enjoy with your loved ones. It is quite filling, and if served with a nice salad and flavored toasted bread, your light dinner meal is pretty much sorted. So, here’s wishing happy cooking to you all!
You Will Need:
- A hand blender
- A pan (use a non-stick pan, it will make your life easier)
- 4 large red ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 bay leaf
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- 3 cups water
Directions For Vegan Tomato Soup:
- Add half of the butter in a nonstick pan. Heat it until it starts to melt.
- Add bay leaf and onion into the melted butter.
- Cook it on low heat until onions are pale pink in color.
- Stir in garlic and tomatoes. Cover and cook it all until tomatoes are a bit soft.
- Pour water into the pan and let the soup boil until it is slightly thick in consistency.
- Add sugar, salt, and mix it well.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup cool a bit. Remove the bay leaf.
- Now, use a hand blender to blend the soup into a smooth consistency.
- You can either strain the soup or enjoy it as such, depending upon your preference.
- Adjust the seasonings and add black pepper powder to it.
- Give the soup another boil, add the remaining butter to the soup, and enjoy it hot!
Super Food: Tomatoes lower risks for cancer & heart attacks
Did You Know??
Tomatoes are more beneficial for your health when they are processed vs fresh? That’s right! According to a second study;
“…lycopene from tomato paste is better absorbed by the body than lycopene from fresh tomatoes, suggesting that processed tomato products-such as tomato paste, tomato sauce and ketchup-are a better source of this antioxidant.”
Why Is This Important? Click here to find out why you should be adding antioxidants to your diet.