Don’t let the name of this recipe fool you. This marbled pumpkin chocolate bread is moist, dense and decadent and could easily do double duty as a dessert!
~8 mini or 1 large loaf pan
• 300g pumpkin puree (homemade or store-bought but NOT pumpkin pie mix) – I used butternut squash puree
• 50g raw honey
• 125ml soy milk (unsweetened)
• 3 tbsp avocado oil
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• Vanilla extract
• 250g flour (100g almond flour (not almond meal) + 150g whole wheat flour)
• 2 tbsp baking powder
• 1 tbsp baking soda
• 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove)
• 1 handful raw walnuts
• 3 tbsp warm water
• 3 tbsp cocoa powder (raw unsweetened)
• 1 handful dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 365°F
2. In a bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mix well
3. In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Add to the wet and mix until combined.
4. Divide the batter into equal parts in the 2 bowls
5. To one bowl add the cocoa powder and water and mix in.
6. To the other one, add the walnuts and mix.
7. Spoon the plain batter and chocolate batter alternately into the prepared loaf pan.
8. Swirl the batters together with a knife
9. Sprinkle chocolate chips or nuts on top
10. Bake for 50-60 min (or until a toothpick from the center comes out almost clean)
Note: Store well in the fridge up to 5 days